24.8.08

"Giving God the Honour and Glory that He deserves!"

My Early walk with God
->I struggled to commit to Christ: Giving God honor by obeying him, taking all opportunity to be closer to Him, putting Him in the second chair; Sometimes taking decisions into my own hands and grieving His heart at the same time.
->I struggled to commit to Church: Sometimes being late for meetings and missing events that I was not excited about because it was uncomfortable. With people, I did not make effort to know and build deeper relationships
->I struggled to commit to School: I didnt attend the classes, nor do some of the homework at times
->I struggled to commit to deep meaningful relationships: the pain and hurts that I experience through the unhealthy relationships with different people. Some of you's have heard of my stories about finding true friendships out there

The Past 2years
->Although there has been many struggles for those who know my experiences, personal battles, being misunderstood by many, struggle with studies, one time wanting to drop a degree and waiting on victories that didnt come soon enough. I began to commit to God more and trust in His goodness
->I began to serve Him with all my heart, sometimes I'd be down in darebin 5-6days a week, attending Kairos course after the church conference was a challenge because you would have been tired after 4 days of intensive sleepless nights of camp. The course condense in 4days compared to 2weeks.
->God is still good, he used myself (lorena+jeanneth) to connect to korean girl to HOPE Brisbane and in turn she bought many visitors; She stills attends lifegroup up there, met alot of new friends including visiting local Viet Christian guy who came from melbourne. It was tiring but God was at work
->All through this, God has been blessing me with success in studies, having great project partners one of them Christian, a strong student group team at latrobe, many salvations and personal growth
->No doubt at times, I ask God where is it all leading, all that I do, sometimes seemed not enough to see those victories. After my last exam and graduation, I applied to several jobs, there were number of rejections, number of those required relocation but alot of times my experience left me behind others cause I did not do summer internship rather helped out in church. I was tempted to apply to other states because there were more job prospect and seemed easier. Even a recent opportunity with Cadbury Schwepps, I thought I had good interview, but it turned out its not what they were looking for although i match all their criteria.

My learning
->I still Thank God for all the support, encouragement, prayers that people have given to God on my behalf. God is still good as always, He is faithful in all the pieces of jigsaw that He gives me; Although at times, confusing and frustrating not to see the bigger picture, I have and continue to learn to trust in God, put Him first, because He is faithful God

Deut 7:9 "Know therefore that the Lord your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His convenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generations with those who love Him and keep His commandments"

->Loving and walking with God is beautiful, everything even though it may seem insignificant is perfect in His plans. I encourage everyone to put trust, faith and honor towards our God, our Lord Jesus.

Our victories are His, and His ours. On a side note, remember that local viet guy i mention about, I met him once and continue to contact him as he had a job opening down in melbourne. I contacted the company and thought initially no chance for me cause of my results, and also just before going on the midyear CCM camp and driving some folks to the campsite, I had interview 1hr before. After that, I didnt hear from them for a month as they were waiting for my transcript and graduation. Last week on monday I got a call, to ask when I can start work and if I can sign the agreement and bring it in. I will be heading into the office tomorrow at 8am! Praise God for His plan and providence, it is amazing how He works in brisbane and brings it down here to melbourne. He is faithful in all His promises. Amen!!